Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

October 26, 2009

My 2010 Hunting Plans

Don't think for one moment that I have given up on my hunting plans. I am bound and determined to kill something and mount it's head on my wall. Right above my fire place; its going to be great. I have decided that since I have already missed the deadline to go hunting THIS year, I am going to spend the next 11 months preparing myself for my big kill NEXT year. In regards to that, I do have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news: There is no "Elk Hunting For Dummies" book; I checked.

Good news: There is this website: ElkHuntingTips.net

The top thing on my new list of things to do in preparation of my hunting trip is to physically condition myself.

New List
1. Become physically capable of surviving a few days in harsh winter elk-hunting conditions.
2. Learn to shoot a gun accurately.

I decided to make this the second thing on my list because shooting a bull elk is pointless if you aren't strong enough to haul it out of the woods. Its also pointless if you die of hypothermia while you're out there with it. While I don't anticipate having a problem with gutting the elk, I would like to avoid having to crawl inside of it's guts to keep warm like Luke Skywalker.



In light of that I begin my new physical training regiment today. I am using the ElkHuntingTips.net website that I mentioned earlier as a reference. Here is their advice on physical fitness, and it seems logical enough.

Small change of subject. My mother insists that I am not going to kill an elk. -All the more reason to go hunting- her comment:

You can just go to the store and buy a steak."


Quite obviously not the same thing.
Now I have a whole new reason to embark on my hunting trip... spite.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics