Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

March 27, 2012

Pretty Hiking Boots

Less ugly hiking boot by Merrell

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there is no such thing as a pretty hiking boot.
I've been searching online for 2 days and all I can find are some hiking boots that are less ugly than all the others. Occassionally, I come across a real gem, but they are usually more than $100! I was at Altrec.com looking at the Merrell brand boots, and there are some pretty cute ones that come in different shades of brown and grey with little purple or light blue trimmings... but they are way to expensive!

I'm looking to pay more like $60. I am just starting out hiking and tired of getting my sneakers dirty so I am looking for a dedicated hiking boot with good support. Since I'm a novice, I don't want to drop a whole C-note on a pair of shoes! Perhaps if hiking becomes my most passionate hobby instead of an activity I sometimes allow people to talk me into, then I would consider it.

I guess I will just have to stick with getting something slightly less ugly with good support. Function over fashion in the outdoor sporting world, but I don't know why it has to be that way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics