Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

April 8, 2012

Wal-Mart Fights Hunger

This post brought to you by The Walmart Foundation. All opinions are 100% mine.

Inbox (16 messages, 1 unread).jpg

Several members of my family "like" Wal-Mart on their Facebook page.  While I shop at Wal-Mart pretty frequently, and I like the prices, I'm not sure that I like them so much that I would "Like" them, if you know what I'm saying.  Whether you like, "like" or dislike Wal-Mart, there is something that we can all agree on - Feeding hungry people is good.

With over 50 million Americans struggling to keep food on the table, I'm glad that Wal-<art has decided to step in and try to help. Their commitment to help feed hungry families couldn't come at a better time.   Food banks and other charitable organizations typically see a drop in donations in the Springtime. If you are already unsure of where your next paycheck will come from, it's even more stressful to not know where your next meal will come from.

The program that Wal-Mart is involved in is called Fighting Hunger Together. The Mega-Store Powerhouse has partnered up with the likes of Kraft, Kellog's, General Mills, and others in an effort to feed an estimated 43 million families in need just between April 9 and April 30 - and you can help decide where the money goes! You can Vote to fight spring hunger with Walmart

Go to Wal-Mart's Facebook page and you will see a list of the areas with the highest unemployment rates.  There, you can vote for the area that will receive help.  Wal-Mart will choose the top 21 areas and donate 2 MILLION DOLLARS toward feeding the neediest people in the community.  I am choosing to vote for a community that is closest to my local area, Longview.  You can choose to do the same, or perhaps you would like to vote for the areas with the highest unemployment rates first.   Either way, I'm sure the families will thank you!

Visit Sponsor's Site

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics