Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

June 20, 2013

Wedding Under $2,500.00 - The DJ

I kept holding out hope that I would be able to afford a DJ. Even with the savings I had with the dress and alterations, I still don't have enough for a quality DJ. I have enlisted the help of my youngest brother who is very computer and music savvy - a great combination.

Meet my DJ

I have spent at least 3 days loading this bad boy up with songs and separating them into playlists. My playlists are numbered and labeled so they will be easy for my brother to identify.

  • WED1 - Prelude
    • 5 songs
    • 16 minutes
  • WED2 - Processional
    • 1 song
    • 3 minutes
  • WED3 - Bride Entrance
    • 1 song
    • 4 minutes
  • WED4 - You May Now Kiss The Bride
    • 1 song
    • 4 minutes
  • WED5 - First Dance
    • 1 song
    • To Be Determined
  • WED6 - Reception
    • Currently 39 songs
    • Currently 2.2 hours
    • Needs to be doubled at least

Creating the playlists aren't difficult, but they are time consuming. And since I have been listening to love songs for 3 days straight, and working them into my wedding, I have been nonstop teary-eyed. It turns out that I didn't have enough love songs or wedding appropriate songs in my music collection already and so I have been on the search for songs that I hadn't thought of or don't own. I have been using Pandora internet radio for that. I created a station called "wedding music" and it is working great. Some of the songs are a little sappy for my tastes, but there are a lot of great ideas and wonderful songs that I have either heard for the first time or been reminded of. I wish that I could skip songs more frequently though. I may upgrade to the ad-free version just for a month so I can get through the songs a little faster.

So far this is proving to be a real money saver. By the time we get to the reception, my brother will be able to put the last playlist on shuffle and join the party. Pretty sweet deal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics