Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

December 16, 2008

WARNING!!! EXTREME HAZARD! EXPLODING EGG GRENADES!


ggs can explode! I put 3 eggs in a pot to boil and I forgot about them. I went about the rest of my day. It was probably 2 hours later that I started to smell burnt eggs. I came down stairs puzzled at first, but then I suddenly remembered my eggs!

I have forgotten eggs on the stove before. The water evaporates away and the shell burns a little, the whole egg tastes burned and gross. That is what I expected to see this time. When I looked in the pot I saw 2 eggs and a ... yolk? What the heck? I was holding the pot in my hand looking straight into it when I whispered the words... "it exploded?"

It was then that I knew I was doomed. I was looking into a pot of two live egg grenades. I tried to gently pull the pot away from my face, but one of the eggs shifted and POP it exploded! Right in my face! Thank GOD it didn't get in my eyes! Extremely hot egg went everywhere and stuck! It stuck to the wall, to my hair, to the skin on my arms and burned me. Eggs shell went flying across the room like little shards of eggrenade shrapnel.

I screamed which attracted the dogs. They pounced on the little bits of egg on the floor and stuck to the cabinet doors. I stood in shock - dead still - knowing that there was still one live eggrenade in the pot. I managed to set it down on the stove without detonating it. I poured a mug of cold water into the pot and it sizzled and sputteredas it cooled the egg; disarming it.

I have learned a valuable lesson. Use a timer.


Love,

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics