Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

July 27, 2009

Nerves

Hi Internet,
Today I started my last week of training for my new job. That means that next week I will start out on the sales floor. The training has been nice, but for some reason I still feel like I am going to be thrown out of a plane without a parachute. It's just scary to think that next week I will have to interact with customers who are going to assume that I know a lot more than what I really do. I wonder how many times I will have to say, "this is my first day / week / month", or "I'm still kinda new here".

I just hate not knowing stuff. I like to know all of the ends and outs of things so that I can answer any question that is thrown at me. Plus, there are always those 'one-uppers' that come into the store wanting to show off all of their techy lingo and ability to back you into a corner. Arg. Those people drive me crazy. They just want to try and stump you and make you feel dumb. It happened a lot at Gamestop, but I knew all of the product inside and out. It happened a little bit at WAMU, but I knew all of the federal banking laws that pertained to my job. This is a whole new industry, and things are going to be really difficult for me just starting out.

I'm pretty nervous about it, if you can't tell.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics