Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

July 31, 2009

Perseid Meteor Shower

Does anyone know a good place to watch the Perseid Meteor Shower in or around the Portland area? I know that OMSI is having a big ol' star gazing party at Rooster Rock state park, but I was wanting to do something a little more private. The shower is happening after midnight on the night of Shawn's birthday and I thought it would be cool to take him to a nice romantic spot and watch the meteors.

Shawn loves to look up and watch the stars and he has always wanted to watch the meteor showers in the summer, but we could never really see them from our place. I was thinking that maybe I could find a place on the Washington State side of the gorge. Rooster Rock was such a good idea because there aren't a lot of trees and you can see so much of the sky. Leave up to OMSI to take a great idea and make it public so that everyone can enjoy the show. sheesh.

I was thinking that Beacon Rock would be a cool place, but there are lots of trees and also the 2nd largest rock in the world blocking the view. Even on top of the rock there are a lot of trees. What about Bonneville Damn? Anyone been there lately? Can you go hang out there after dark? I don't know anyone who travels out that way a lot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics