Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

October 3, 2013

Lullabyes

My son is loving Jewel's Lullabye CD. We play it over the iPod at night and he hums along until he drifts off to sleep. My husband isn't much of a Jewel fan, but I think she has a very soothing voice. I imagine that if I grew up with a mom who had a singing voice like Jewel, it would be so nice to be sung to sleep. Then I think of what it would be like if my mom had a really powerful voice, like Adele or Tina Turner. Can they even whisper.

My mom's singing voice is... what is a nice way to say grating? Just kidding (kinda!). No matter how my mom's singing voice sounds to me now, when I was a kid I loved it when she sung me to sleep. I don't think it was so much the sweet sound of her voice as it was the attention I was getting.

Excuse me, I'm going to go and sing Caleb to sleep now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics