Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

October 1, 2013

What I Want

Maybe I should have titled this post "What WE Want" since today is my 2 year anniversary of falling in love with my newlywed husband. We celebrated with my little son and had a family meal and chocolate cake for dessert. This weekend we are hoping to get in some Honeymoon 2.0. Our "Honeymoon" was just 3 days at the beach 2 hours from our house because we didn't want to leave Caleb for too long, and we are hoping to be able to get away a little longer here and there. Not a bad way to stretch out the vacation.

We did have other things in mind at first. We found a Groupon for a trip to Ireland that was really affordable, but we didn't have time to take off of work. Ireland is somewhere Travis has always wanted to go. Also, England, Japan, and Scotland, but most of all New Zealand.

Travis is a HUGE Lord of the Rings fan and he wants to go to New Zealand and stay for most of forever. He really wants to visit the set of the movies - Hobbiton

I, on the other hand have a more cozy version of our vacation. I imagine our extended stay being in one of the Holiday Homes Auckland has to offer. From what I have seen of it there is a great mixture of city and rural scenes. You can stay in your own quiet rental island retreat for a week or so, and then switch to something downtown for a more exciting time.

I would love both of those kinds of vacations. The serenity of the island, the connection with nature, the beautiful scenery. And I also love the hustle and bustle of the city, being able to meet new people and try new things and feel the heart of the culture.

Before I met Travis, New Zealand wasn't ever a place I considered visiting, but he has really made me fall in love with the idea. The more he talked about it the more I thought about it, the more I thought about it the more I talked about it and the more I talked about it the more I met people who had been there. I found out that one of my customers splits his time between mainland US, Hawaii, and New Zealand because he is constantly bouncing around between family members. Not like he can complain! Talk about paradise. He probably only ever comes back to the rainy PNW for some perspective on how great Hawaii and New Zealand are!

After hearing about how wonderful New Zealand is, I have to say that I checked out Home Loans Christchurch. Moving to New Zealand really isn't a realistic option for us. I don't think we have the kinds of jobs that are in high demand there, but it is nice to dream, isn't it. Now if only I could find some Cavoodle Puppies for SaleI'd be all set.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics