Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

October 5, 2013

What are my skills?

Does my inability to find a Work at Home job mean that I have a lack of skills? Some of the websites I have found encourage me to turn my passion into a job. Is there a job that pays you to watch daytime TLC and eat Funyuns? I seriously doubt it. Besides, Funyuns have MSG in them, and everyone knows that eating MSG will make you fat.

But, I digress... (yay I got to use the word 'digress'). What are my talents, my skills? I am mildly entertaining, but not really in a written format. I make my husband laugh a lot, but he is usually laughing AT me and he's not offering any pay for that. I can type pretty quickly which made me think that I could get a transcription job. Did you know that those are very competitive and hard to get into? There are also a lot of scams out there as well. I'm an okay listener and I'm pretty decent at getting a word in edgewise, but I don't think anyone is hiring for a best friend.

I took a career exploration class in college and there were a lot of suggestions from the personality tests that we took. Here are the top 3.

  1. Faller
    • The person who yells "Timber" from the top of a giant tree
    • Con: High fatality rate
    • Pro: Dead coworkers mean lots of room for upward mobility (pun totally intended).
  2. Choreographer
    • Let's not get too excited about this one because I cannot dance
  3. Wildlife Game Warden
    • Pro: You get to work outside
    • Con: It rains outside
    • Pro: You get to carry a gun
    • ConL You carry that gun because both poachers and bears are going to try to kill you.

I'm not trying to be too picky, but I don't think that these choices are conducive to my life or my lifestyle. So the search continues.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics