Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

February 7, 2012

New Job!

Okay, so I'm super excited because today is the first day of my brand new job! I am going to FINALLY have the job that I have wanted for several years now. For as long as I have been filling out job applications, I have wanted to work in an office as a receptionist/ front desk. Working at the bank as a loan officer was about as close as I had ever gotten. That would have pretty much been my dream job except for the retail banking that I had to do.
When I was at the bank I really enjoyed the loan process. I even liked the business banking side of things, but the retail banking killed me. I don't mean to sound uppity, because Lord knows there is $10.00 in my bank account right now; but I have to say that kissing someone's rear over their 5th $30.00 overdraft fee when their account balance is less than $15 all month is no fun. Especially when you work commission.
I had often thought that I would work at the bank for a little while and then move on to be a mortgage broker. The upside was higher commission. The down side was a less than steady paycheck. But all of that is behind me now because I anticipate for this to be the last job that I ever have.
I'm working the front desk for my dream company. There are only 6 people in this office and company, including me. That means that everyone is close and and able to help each other. This is a company that I have been wanting to work for for a long time, about the last 3 or 4 years at least. The opportunity just fell in my lap.
My sister actually applied for the job, (I tried to hide my jealousy and be happy for her) but after meeting with the managers she recommended me to them as a better candidate! Awww... sisterly love! I sent in a resume and after what seemed like forever, (3 weeks) they hired me! And so here I am on the first day of my dream job! Wish me luck!
Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics