Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 14, 2008

Frugal Friday




ere is another Frugal Friday tip for you! I noticed that when I buy dish soap, the container almost always says 2x's concentrated or something to that effect. I can only assume that this means I am supposed to use half as much of the soap, but since I transfer the soap into a pump dispenser, I am unable to control how much I squish out.

My solution? Brace yourself because it sounds kind of cheap. I dilute it. I mix it 3 parts soap, 1 part water. It works really well.

  • My dishes get just as clean
  • I use way less soap
  • The soap lathers much quicker
  • I've been using the same container of soap for over a year!

Trust me when I say that my dishes get just as clean. I am so anal retentive about my dishes. I can't stand it when were are little pieces of food left on dishes after the come out of the washer. One thing I refuse to ever ever ever do, is pick the food off with my fingernail. If for some insane reason I ever have a dish come out of the washer with a piece of anything stuck to it, I soak the dish in hot water and bleach and then rewash it in the next load.

There are a lot of things in life that I am relaxed about. There are a lot of times I will cut corners. Mark my words, I will never ever compromise the cleanliness of my dishes, and so if this dilution works for me, it will probably work for anyone out there who is within the realm of normal.

Love,

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics