Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 21, 2008

Pack a Snack!




ith Christmas time upon us, we are all going to be spending a lot more time out and about. Whether we are at the mall shopping, walking the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights, or standing in the cold watching the Christmas Ships pass, we are bound to work up an appetite.


I am the ultimate sucker for the food court. After a couple of hours of shopping I get whisked away by the smell of deep fried everything and special sauce.

Things have changed since I've had Caleb. Before I leave somewhere I pack a lunch box for him. I fill it with animal crackers, apple sauce, fruit cups, and sometimes a PB & J sammie if we are going to be gone a long time. I've learned a valuable lesson... it is not illegal to bring a lunch sack to the mall.

Seriously though, I don't know why I never thought of it before, but the important thing is I am doing it now. Pack a food with protien and carbs and fiber so you feel nice and full and get lots of energy. A trail mix, or a package of almonds is perfect, inexpensive, and a lot less dangerous to your jean size than a hamburger or taco.

Another thing you can easily tote along is a water bottle. Water is the new air, everybody is doing it. A refillable water bottle is not just for the gym anymore, and a lot of food vendors will refill it for little or no money.

So, pack a snack to take with you while you Christmas shop. You'll feel a lot better about what you've eaten, and with all the money you save, you can get me a Christmas gift!





Love,


Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics