Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 7, 2008

Frugal Friday


y mom and I are constantly giving each other our tips and tricks for shaving a little off of our everyday expenses. Today she exclaimed, "We should really start sharing this with people!" So, here it is, the first installment of Frugal Fridays.

Each week I will share a frugal living tip with you. These tips will be either something I actually do myself, or a tip that I receive from someone else. I will do my best to try out the advice before I pass it along and I will give you my thoughts on how well it worked.


Today's Frugal Friday tip is something I have been doing for the past year. I told my mom about it last week and she loves it. I tear my dryer sheets in half. It sounds simple because it is! I find that my laundry comes out just as fluffy soft when I use half a dryer sheet compared to when I use a whole sheet.

How much can you save by tearing your dryer sheets in half? My mom and I went to Costco where we bought the Kirkland brand of dryer sheets. The package cost us about $9.00 and came with two boxes. That equals around $4.50 for each of us to have a box of 246 sheets. That's a deal already! By tearing the sheets in half, we will get 492 loads of laundry dried and fluffed. That means we spent $4.50 for over a year's worth of laundry even if we do more than one load on some days!

Give it a try and let me know how you like it! My mom and I didn't even notice a difference in the laundry. Our towels were still fluffy, our sheets were still soft, and our clothes still smell like a fresh breeze!

If you have any tips for Froogle Fridays, email them to me at FrugalFridayTips@gmail.com. I might just try out your tip, and pass it along!

Love,


Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics