Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 28, 2008

What's for Dinner?





hanksgiving day has come and gone, and we are all still wearing pants with elastic waistbands. In light of this overstuffed holiday, this weeks frugal Friday tip is about saving money on your grocery bill this week.


These days, the average Thanksgiving dinner costs around $45.00. That's less than the tab if you were to go out an eat at a restaurant, but it's still a big chunk of change. I can sometimes squish my grocery list down to $50.00 for about a week and a half's worth of food, so $45.00 will pretty much blow my budget.


Lucky for Shawn and I, we live close enough to both of our families, that we get to have 2 Thanksgiving dinners and lots of left overs. Once we get home, I am very careful to use everything we get. I don't want a single morsel to go wasted. Even if you only get one dinner, or worse if you're the one footing the bill, the question still remains, "what am I going to do with all of this food?"


My brother is the type of guy who will eat a traditional Thanksgiving meal made of left overs until he slowly runs out of each item. By the end of the week he is toting a plate of cranberry sauce and turkey skin to the sofa. If you pefer a little variety in your left overs, here are some links I found that will give you some great tips on how to use everything you've got without eating the same dinner over and over again.


Love,




Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics