Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

October 20, 2010

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

We rented "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" for Caleb's Halloween party about 3 weeks ago. Since then, he has watched it every single day. My Netflix program is an old, 1 at a time, two per month for 4.99 that isn't offered anymore. I keep wanting to upgrade it, but never have. Now may be the time, or I will never get another movie. Caleb just can't get enough of the Peanuts gang in It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

It's so cute because he has started reciting lines from the movie. Yesterday he was playing with his trains and I heard him murmur, "I wouldn't want to be accused... of taking part in a rumble." Which is Sally's line from the movie when she asks if trick or treating is legal. He has also been saying some classic Charlie Brown lines such as, "good grief" and "I can't stand it".

There is an extra short on the disc called, "It's Magic, Charlie Brown". One show plays seamlessly into the next and I am pretty sure that he thinks they are the same show. In this episode, Snoopy turns Charlie Brown invisible. Caleb thinks this is hilarious. Especially when Snoopy tries to make him visible again. He covers Charlie brown with a sheet, ties a neck tie on him and gives him boots. Charlie Brown ends up looking like an executive ghost. It scares his sister, which always makes Caleb howl with laughter.

There is just something about these Peanuts movies that enchant children. I remember adoring "A Charlie Brown Christmas" when I was a little kid, and I'm sure that Caleb will love it this year as well. I really enjoy being able to relive these movies and holiday memories with Caleb. When you have a little one, it's as if everything is new again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics