Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

October 12, 2010

Sick Baby

Motherhood has thrown me yet another curve ball. Caleb woke up sick two days ago. The poor little guy came into my room about 4 am and fell asleep next to me. The next thing I know, it's morning and he is coughing. I asked him if he was okay and he instantly started throwing up on me. The poor little guy.

The night before, Shawn had stopped by Toys R Us to pick up a board game for the family. Caleb is almost 3 now and its about time that he started playing structured games with us. He didn't get home until after Caleb was asleep, and we thought it would be fun to wrap the present for him in the morning. We didn't know he was going to wake up ill.

It turns out that wrapping the game was a great idea. It made Caleb feel a little better. It was so sad to hear his sick little voice croak, "I have a present?!" He slowly tore back the paper and saw Spiderman. Shawn had picked up the Marvel version of Chute and Ladders!

We opened up the box and played the game a couple of times. Caleb's attention span is still a little lacking, and he never did make it through a complete game without losing patience and moving his character to the end of the board. Even so, he loves the game. He calls it "Chutes and Numbers". The next game on our list is Hungry Hungry Hippos. That one should be a load of fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics