Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

February 17, 2011

Tanning

I love tanning. It might not be good for your skin. It might not be good for the environment. It might not be good for your pocket book. I don't care, I still love it. There is something so serene about lying in the tanning bed, relaxing. It is pure unadulterated "me" time.

If you go tanning at a good salon, then you know what I mean. A bed with new bulbs, something that gives you a deeper tan so you don't feel like your skin is on fire. A bed with a nice fan inside to keep you cool, and maybe a built in CD player so you can drift off to dream land to your favorite reggae music.

I use an accelerator lotion so that my tan develops faster. I love it because it makes me smell tropical. It isn't greasy, but I do wipe it off with a towel when I am done. The first accelerator I used was called Fiji, I think. It had an ingredient called "tingle" in it. I don't care for tingle. It makes you skin literally tingle, and it also turns red hot. I often felt like I was going to overheat.

I mentioned this to the girl at the tanning salon and she suggested a different brand called Bronzer No. 9. I have been using this ever since and I love it. A lot of people don't think about engaging in a conversation with the kid behind the counter at the Tanning Salon, but think of it this way... They get free tans, they get free lotion samples, and that pretty much makes them the expert. They can tell you about what they like and what they don't like, and what works best for them.

I'm looking forward to going tanning today. I'm going for 11 minutes in a lay down bed... how relaxing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics