Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I've been sad on Valentine's Day before. I've been lonely on Valentine's Day before. I've been stood up on Valentine's Day before. I've been forgotten on Valentine's Day before. I've been hurt on Valentine's Day before. I've been in tears on Valentine's Day before. But not since I was 17 have I ever been single on Valentine's Day.

It's a little depressing. I'm glad I have the day off of work. I also feel a little guilty, like maybe someone with a significant other should have the day off and I should work, but whatever. I'm glad that I can just hide in my house and I don't have to look at anyone.

It's not that I want to be dating anyone in particular. Shoot, it's not even that I want to be dating at all. In fact, even if the opportunity to date came a long, I am 100% sure that I wouldn't take it. But there is something about this holiday that fills you with a feeling of complete and utter rejection. I seriously feel like the whole world is pointing at me and laughing.

Later today, I am going to my mom's house for my brother and my birthday dinner. He's turning 22 and I am turning the dreaded 30. At least I don't look 30. I'm pretty sure of that. I took this picture to prove it.

I may not be the best looking 30 year old, I may not be the youngest looking 30 year old, but I am pretty satisfied with myself. Even though I feel great when I look in the mirror, there is still that feeling that no one will ever like me. Could be because I was made to feel that way for the last 12 years. Bah! Valentine's day STINKS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics