Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

April 20, 2010

Cindy's Birthday

Today is my sister's birthday, so I would like to start this post off by saying Happy Birthday to Cindy!

Last weekend we went to Battle Ground Lake to go camping to celebrate. It was cold, but a lot of fun. We had one short burst of rain, but it was nice and sunny after that. I took Caleb with me, and it was a big adventure.

I wanted to prepare him for camping so I set up our small tent in the back yard and we put a fire in the fire pit. We stayed out in the tent until it got dark and then he went inside to go to bed.

The day before we left, Word World aired a camping episode. As we were watching it, I talked to Caleb about the camping trip that we were going on the next day. In the morning I started packing up everything we were taking with us. Every time I pulled something out of the garage, Caleb would ask, "What are you doing, Mama? What's that, Mama?"

I answered him about each thing individually, telling him what it was, what it did, and why we would need it. He asked where we were going. I told him we were going to the park to sleep in the tent. It was really exciting to him. When Shawn woke up Caleb said, "Dada! We are going to Nana's house to sleep in the tent!" I reminded him that we were going to the park and he got excited all over again exclaiming, "oh yeah!"

I noticed this weekend that Caleb is talking a lot more. He is more clear as well, and so I don't have to translate for him as much anymore. He's just growing up way too fast. Next year, camping will be even more fun!



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics