Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

April 5, 2010

Eating Crayons and Extra Helpings

Every time Caleb plays with crayons, he ends up eating one. He always regrets it; yet he always does it. I think it's because the vibrant colors remind him of candy. He knows it isn't going to taste good, but it seems like he can't help himself. There is no way for him to resist the temptation.

Today I tried to reason with him. If the crayons taste bad every time, why do you keep trying to eat them? Then I realized that I do the same thing, in a sense. A lot of times, I do things that I know I will regret later.

For example, my latest temptation and regret was a second plate of ham at Easter dinner. Gosh, it was so good, I just had to have more. I spent the rest of the night bloated and uncomfortable. What's worse - Being too full to function or having crayon wax stuck between your teeth?




Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics