Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

April 22, 2010

Earth Day & Jet Fuel

What better way to celebrate Earth Day than fly in a jet plane? That's right folks, today is Earth Day. I have been celebrating since the beginning of this week by asking customers, "Would you like a bag for that? Earth Day is this week, you know." I think I have probably saved about 3 plastic bags, and possibly the life of a sea turtle.

Today is also the day that we leave for Sacramento, CA for my cousin's wedding. Caleb is really excited to fly in a plane. He thought that we were going yesterday and kept talking about flying in an airplane. I left for work this morning before he woke up, but I am sure "fly in a plane" will be his first words this morning.

I didn't want to bring up the plane ride too early because he doesn't have the most mature sense of time. He understands the concept of tomorrow, but once you get to the day after tomorrow, it starts to get hazy. We have been talking about the airplane ride for about 2 days now. I started just by explaining to him how airplanes work. Just saying that they are like school buses that fly in the sky, lots of people can sit on them and use them to get some where quickly. He seems to get it, but I don't think he totally knows what to expect.

I thought about showing him a movie with a scene on an airplane, but the only one we own is Superman, and that gets a little terrifying at one point. I decided it was okay to leave a little element of surprise rather than completely damage him. I'm excited to see the look on his face!



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics