Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

June 16, 2010

Mt. Laundry

Work has been so busy lately that it was really started to effect my life. I am spending so much time at work that I am having a hard time keeping up with my house. I have been slowly chipping away at the dishes, and I have been able to keep the bathroom and kitchen clean - thank goodness. I guess over all the house is presentable, but I can't seem to make it any better than that.

There is a lot of deeper cleaning that needs to get done. I need to shampoo the carpets. Caleb's toy room has been ransacked so many times that the toy bins need to be reorganized. I need to dust the living room. If it doesn't stop raining, I will never be able to mow my lawn. You can see how the list goes on and on!

Last weekend I dedicated to LAUNDRY. What I usually do is start a rotation. Fold a load while one is in the dryer and another is in the washer. I think that's how most people do it, right? It seems to make the most sense. Well for SOME reason, that I can't think of now, I switched things up over the weekend. I just started washing and drying and washing and drying. Instead of folding and putting away, I used the time the clothes were in the machines to do other things. I polished the wooden furniture, I scrubbed the bathtub, I scrubbed the stovetop, I cleaned the vent about the oven... you get the idea. I finally started to make progress on all of those little odds and ends things. I was able to declutter and organize.

The problem? Those loads of laundry never got folded. I think I was able to fold about two loads of them and that was it. So now, in my living room, there are about 4 loads of clean laundry that need to be folded and put away. So that is what I am going to do right now. I am going to fold laundry and put it away while I watch Shawn play - guess what - Left 4 Dead 2.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics