Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

April 2, 2011

All I Am Saying, Is Give Windows Phone 7 A Chance

In an irritating turn of events, my iPhone 3GS was replaced with a Samsung Focus. My first frustration was that I had trouble getting the phone to tether, since Microsoft had not released this yet. Good ol' Samsung had it deep in the dark places of it's phone. I have to say - that is one of the things I love about Samsung. They build so many great features into their phones that other manufacturers leave to the mobile carrier to supply... at a cost.

Now that the tether problem is solved, I am much happier with the phone, but there are still some things that are lacking and driving me nuts! First off, no multitasking? Not even fake multitasking? Not even pausing an application in the background and making me think that I'm multitasking? Yes, I tolerated this with the iPhone at first, and so I am going to give WP7 a chance to make it up to me. I just thought they would have learned from their predecessors and had a multitasking update ready to go sooner after the OS released.

Is it just me or does the battery take FOREVER to charge? It seems so absurd that I am going to have warranty replace my battery. This really doesn't seem right at all.

No custom ringtones. Really? Not from the mobile carrier's app center? Not from the marketplace? Not from anywhere? There isn't even a way to take my own songs and turn them into ringtones? There isn't even a way to take my voice recordings and turn them into ringtones? There isn't even a way to record my voice? Well, to be fair, there really is an app for doing that, but it costs 99 cents.

Perfect segue into my rant about the app store. Only 9,000 apps... That's like - what - 2.5% of what Apple has? Okay, so it's a new OS and we can't expect them to compete with the 350,000 right off the bat, but with 100 new apps a day, you'd think at least one of them would be useful to me. I just have to ask myself, are those 32,000 developers making anything that I am going to be able to use to improve my life? And are they going to cost me an arm and a leg? Oh! But, BONUS I love being able to bill to my AT&T account for my apps that I purchase. I really do love, love, love that.

Other awesome things include: Super AMOLED display on the Sammysung, Micro USB charger instead of some proprietary snob-job, 5.0 mpx camera with flash, and the keyboard sounds like horsies clip-clopping when I type.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics