Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

April 21, 2011

Move Out

Well, internet, the time has come. I can't afford to live in this house anymore; not by myself, anyway. So I am moving out this weekend. I am hoping that someone will be able to move in by May 1st so that I won't have to keep paying the rent while I'm not here anymore. I really, really hope. My landlord let me know that they have several potential renters and that many of them hope to be in by the 1st. I am so hopeful that everything works out.

Where am I moving to, you ask? Please don't rub it in. I'm moving back in with my parents. Things are going to be cramped in there. Caleb and I are going to be in one room. My sister moved back into my old room a few years ago, and my grandma and aunt Pam are going to be in another room for the Summer. That's 6 adults, 1 toddler, 2 dogs, and 11 cats. Okay, there aren't really 11 cats, but there are a lot and of course I am bringing Gingerbread Man Cat.

I am not looking forward to my loss of privacy, but in some ways, this move will be beneficial. Not only will I be saving money on rent, I'll be able to save for a car and pay off some debt. Also, it will make things easier on Caleb because I won't have to tote him back and forth for my mom to watch him while I work. Sometimes I would get off of work so late that I would have to wake him up in order to take him home. I always felt bad about that. Now, if I am home late, my mom can just put him right to bed.

Speaking of beds, that is one thing I am going to have to work out. It's important to me that Caleb has his own bed, even though we are sharing a room. I worked really hard to have him sleeping through the night in his own bed after only being a couple of months old. Now I fear that is in jeopardy. Both of our beds won't fit in the room that we will be sharing. I am hoping to be able to downsize his bed from a twin to a toddler bed. That will give us just a little more living space and every bit counts.

I should really be packing things and cleaning up right now, but I was just trying to kill some time while waiting for a phone call... oh well, guess the phone isn't going to ring tonight. It's back to cleaning and packing I go!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics