Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

September 24, 2010

The Other Guys




Last night Shawn and I watched The Other Guys and we laughed our rear ends off! Neither of us were expecting the level of campiness that this movie had to offer. It was a cop movie, poking fun at cop movies, without calling out certain titles specifically. Instead, the entire genre is slammed in this fast paced and witty comedy.

This movie is simply ridiculous. The only thing that could have made it any more over the top would have been if the actors made eye contact with the camera Ferris Bueller style. If you are think that you'll be able to take a single scene seriously, think again.

I love watching cop movies like Bad Boys, but I also love to poke fun at them while I watch. They are full of stereotypical characters fulfilling stereotypical scenes. The honest cop who cares too much about doing the right thing and blows up too many cars and buildings along the way is outrunning a fireball. Can I even count how many times I have seen this happen?

Marky Mark and Will Farrell worked fantastically together. I could easily see a long line of buddy films bud from this movie. I felt as if they had a lot of chemistry, and I would have loved to have seen them together on the set. Typically, when think of Mark Wahlberg, I remember him as the guy in baggy jeans from the poster in my preteen bedroom. Any other time and I am thinking of him as a brooding good hearted cop with a troubled past. Man, does he do a great job of making fun of his own stereotype!

I'm giving the movie 4 stars. I can see it as a staple in my movie library that I would watch over and over again.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics