Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

September 19, 2010

Party Prep

Caleb is really excited about his party on October 2nd. He keeps asking me to go to the computer and show him to picture of the skeleton cupcakes we are going to make. I can't really blame him either, they are so cute.


I got the recipe from the Woman's Day website. They also have a recipe for a sherbert punch. My mom used to make this for all of our parties when I was growing up and it was a favorite of mine. For Caleb's party, we are going to add dry ice for a smokey effect.


I'm also going to make deviled eggs for his party. At first, I wanted to decorate them with little horns. Then, I decided that it would be easier to place one sliced olive on top to make them look like eyeballs. My mom is making a veggie tray and we are putting the dip into a hollowed out gourd. This is another idea from Woman's Day magazine, but I'm not using their recipe.

Today we started making homemade decorations. It might sound cheap, but it is great fun to do crafts with him, and I love to use them for seasonal decorations. There is nothing more precious than a handmade treasure from your little one. We cut out orange circles from construction paper and glued on cut out triangles to make jack o' lantern faces. We also cut out bats to hang from the ceiling. Another decoration to hang from the ceiling are little spiders cut from paper plates with pipe cleaner for legs.

It's hard to say which was his favorite to make. First he liked the spider the most because he got to use the pipe cleaner. Then, he liked the pumpkins the most because he got to use the glue. After that, he was mostly into the bats because he wanted to cut with scissors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics