Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 15, 2010

Sicky-Poo

I've got a terrible cold that is just kicking my rear! I am exhausted! Fortunately, Caleb is well... but that means that he has just as much energy as ever, and I am left feeling wiped out before the day even really starts. Oh what I wouldn't give to go bacjk to the days when he had two naps a day. And I am not even going to think about when he had 3 naps a day.

Don't get me wrong, Cal is a great kid. He is very obedient and caring and he wants to be good. He is pretty understanding of the fact that I don't feel well, but he still wants to play and wrestle. One thing that has been helping us get through this are his new love of board games. Shawn and I picked up Chutes and Ladders at Toys R Us, and my mom got him Candyland. We are able to sit and play the games pretty quietly. I am still interacting with him, but it's pretty mellow.

Right now I am trying to get him to take at least one nap today. I am in my bed wishing he would settle down. I am always afraid to sleep before him now that he is older. He has always been a little explorer, but now his exporations include the forbidden land of the kitchen counter, the inside of the fireplace, and the garage. The downside to having a smart kid is that he gets bored easily and he knows how to unlock doors.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics