Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 1, 2012

I'm Happy with My Kia Soul

While I was car shopping and reading car reviews, I noticed that they were all written by people who had just recently bought their car. I saw a lot of reviews that read, I've had this car for 2 weeks / 1 month / 3 days and I just love it! Well, pardon me, but I am looking for something with a little more insight. I want to know what it's like when the honeymoon is over. Maybe even after you've made a payment or two.

Here is my 2 month review on my Kia Soul... The gas mileage is awesome, but I'm not saving any money! The reason is that I keep driving to the beach and the mountains and going on tons of adventures hundreds of miles away because the gas mileage is so good! Plus, the car is really roomy and comfortable so I am always the one who ends up driving. I'm gonna start making my passengers chip in for gas now that I think about it!

The built in bluetooth is still as awesome as ever. Sometimes my phone goes black and unresponsive when it's connected and I have to do a soft reset. I wish it had A2DP technology, or that it worked with my voice activation on my phone. I still keep my Jabra Cruiser in the car because it's easier to use with the iPod function on my iPhone4. I understand the point behind making the iPhone / car connection slightly less functional is so that Kia can sell a $40 cable to make the dash control the iPod/iPhone - but I still want voice activation... is that so much to ask for?

The handling is ... well, it's okay. The traction control feature is totally necessary. I feel it kick on even when I am doing something simple like turning on a gravel road or taking a freeway on ramp.

I had read a few articles about the paint chipping. My paint has chipped, but to be fair, I work in an industrial area and drive on gravel roads a lot. I also take a lot of road trips to out of the way places that require dirt and gravel encounters as well. It's hard for me to say whether or not the average person would experience paint chipping, but I'm not surprised that it happened to me.

So that's my 2 month review. I plan on writing another one in a month or two as well, but by that time the 2012 Kia Soul might just be obsolete.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics