Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 2, 2012

Ink Pen Refills - I Use 'Em

Pilot Dr. Grip Retractable Gel Ink Pen, Ice Blue Barrel (Google Affiliate Ad)Pilot Dr. Grip Retractable Gel Ink Pen, Ice Blue Barrel (Google Affiliate Ad)Pilot Dr. Grip Retractable Gel Ink Pen, Mauve Barrel (Google Affiliate Ad)

I'm not sure if a lot of people do this, but I refill my ink pens instead of throwing them away and buying new ones. I'm not sure that it makes a difference for the environment. It doesn't make a huge difference in my finances. I'm not really sure why I do it. It's not like I'm making a statement or I really believe in it. I just do.


It might be because when I find a pen I like, I tend to hold on to it. Maybe it is because of my affinity for office supplies. Maybe it's because I like the challenge of actually being able to use all of the ink from a pen before it breaks or I lose it. Maybe it's just because I'm weird.

See how the pink pen is very nearly out of ink? I'm prepared with a refill. I'm not a serial ink pen refiller. These are the only types of pens I refill, and I've been refilling the same ones for years. Both the pink pen and the blue pen are from 2004. The pink one is a Pentel and the blue one is a Dr. Grip. I don't even think they make the blue one anymore. I haven't seen it around lately anyway... you know what else?

I liked it so much that I bought the matching mechanical pencil, which I also keep refilling, but I don't think that's as uncommon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics