Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

January 23, 2009

Meanwhile...




et me catch you up on quiet a few things... First off, and probably the biggest thing going on in my life right now, is that Caleb has peed in the potty TWICE. We have yet to accomplish putting poops in the potty, but we are going to try that today after nap time. Provided that he doesn't stealth poop before I can get in there, as has been the story for the last couple of days and is highly likely.

In other news: Last Friday, Shawn's employer, Bank of Clark County, was seized by the FDIC as a failed bank. You can read about it on their webpage by clicking here. Since then, he has been a "contract employee" of the FDIC helping to switch over the old bank to Umpqua bank. This has meant long hours, and at one time, up to 6 stressed out bosses all telling him to do different things at the same time. Up until yesterday, we were unsure how long he would remain employed. Umpqua interviewed him for an unknown position that he could take after the switch was finalized.


Fortunately, the day before learning that the bank was bombing, he received an email from a friend letting him know that they were looking for an independent contractor to do deliveries around the Portland area. Another fortunate turn of events, an old friend of Shawn's is the manager of the same company! So, Shawn met with him yesterday and the job is his if he wants it; and he DOES! I'm glad we got that sorted.


Shawn and I took Caleb to the pet store yesterday. He does this little bouncing wiggle that we call "The Hamster Dance" whenever he sees a hamster. It always makes us want to get one for him. I've had hamsters in the past and as cute as they may be, they are not really my thing. In order to have a happy hamster you have to spend a lot of time with it, let it out of the cage, play with it and hold it while it pees all over you and your furniture. Otherwise, if the hamster is not your furry little friend, what you have is a furry little captive.


I just can't devote my time to a hamster like that, I am lucky if I get to make my own bed in the morning, let alone change out a hamster's cage. Also, we have 2 dogs, 2 birds, and turtle already, we don't need to add anything to the mix. We decided to reassess the situation near his birthday / Christmas and see how things are at that time. All I can tell you is, the future is not furry for our family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics