Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

January 14, 2009

Temptation Island


henever Shawn and I see a commercial, he will usually tell me that it didn't work. That is to say, that whatever the ad geniuses were trying to make him want, he doesn't want it. No commercial, he claims, has ever swayed him. Well, except for those funny little PC vs. Mac commercials. He likes those. Our next lap top will be a Mac because of them. I'm sure whoever heads up that advertising team makes a good deal of money.

I, on the other hand, and deeply persuaded by commercials. Namely, fast food commercials. More specifically, Burger King commercials. I don't know what it is, but something about the way they show those Whoppers with the meat sweat dripping off of them makes me want to drive down the road and get one.


Tonight during American Idol, (Yay for Jason Castro's brother) Burger King was airing commercials for this angry hamburger. OMGsh have you seen it? There are fried onions, jalapenos, and pepper jack cheese on it. Spicy hot meaty goodness on a bun... I was falling for it hook, line, and sinker! I had to text Janell and have her talk me through it! That's right, I had to call a PREGNANT LADY and have her talk me out of my own craving! She told me to drink a glass of water and eat a carrot! Sounds like tough love to me!

Eventually, I worked through the craving successfully, but mostly because I was too tired and lazy to get in the car and go to BK for an after dinner snack er... dinner. A second dinner. I almost had a second dinner! What the heck is wrong with me? I'm such a big fat pig!

Anyway, longish story shortish; I didn't get the burger, I drank water and ate carrots. I stayed within my calorie range for the day. The Slim Fast Diet day one was a success, although I don't know if you know this, but Slim Fast makes your pee smell funny. That's alright though. Janell ate asparagus last night, so her pee smells funny, too.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics