Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 21, 2008

Chompers


aleb was having such a hard time going to sleep tonight. He just kept crying and crying. For over an hour he would cry and then sleep for 5 or 10 minutes and then wake up crying again. I changed him, I gave him juice, I swaddled him, but nothing seemed to work. The last time that I went in to check on him he was crying louder than ever and when I peered over the edge of the crib I saw he had two fistfulls of blanket in his mouth. I checked his lower gums and lo and behold, he had cut another tooth!

No wonder my little guy was being so fussy. He now has two bottom teeth above the gums. His first tooth, the one on his right, came in quite a bit more today, and his new one is pretty far a long too. Since it took so long for his teeth to break the gums, I thought it would take them a long time to finish coming in. It seems that I may have been mistaken, but with Caleb you never really can tell. His teeth could hang out exactly where they are for several weeks, or they could shoot up over night.

I was really surprised to see the second tooth come up. I had been waiting for the first one for so long. I could see it under the gum, I could feel it under the gum, and was waiting for it several days before it appeared. This second tooth just sprung forth in a matter of hours. When I picked him up at my parents house around 8:30 he was happy as a lark. He was playing and giving kisses and being completely normal. By 9:30 he was fussy and by 10:30 he had a new tooth. They are pretty easy to see now, which means that if I can get past the drool, I should be able to take a decent picture to post. I'll try to keep everyone informed.

Love,

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics