Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 17, 2008

Standing Firm


aleb just pulled himself up. I was just about to try to find something to blog about when he did it. It isn't the first time. The first time was 2 weeks ago in the middle of church. He pulled himself up holding onto my jeans. I told Shawn, but I don't think he believed me.

Shawn is lying on the floor watching the news and Caleb is crawling around in front of him. Caleb crawled up to Shawn's shoulders, grabbed a hold of them and pulled himself up. Maybe it was because he thought it was the first time, or maybe it was because of the exictement of witnessing it first hand that caused Shawn to exclaim, "HE JUST PULLED HIMSELF UP!"


The look on Shawn's face was just as priceless as witnessing Caleb first pull himself up. He had his hands in the air with his fingers spread and a look of amazement on his face. I imagine its the expression he had the first time he rode his bike with no hands or the first time he hit the ball in little league.

I think that must be one of the ways that our children bring out "the kid in us", by making the whole world new again.


Love,

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics