Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 21, 2008

Teeth and Cookies


y poor little son is having such a hard time with his second tooth! The first tooth came in so easily that I didn't even notice it until he bit me with it. This tooth is causing him so much pain and grief that its hard for me to bear. He was awake all night crying in pain. I kept getting up and rocking him back to sleep, but he would only stay asleep for an hour or two before waking up again. Neither one of us got very much sleep.

Shawn used his lunch break to run to the store and get some teething tablets. I gave Caleb 2 of them and he quickly fell asleep, something he had been unable to do while he was in so much pain. When he woke up, he ate lunch fine and to help him with his hard day, I gave him his frist chocolate chip cookie. As you can see, that went over very well.

After I cleaned him up from lunch, he didn't last much longer. He played in his exersaucer for about 10 or 15 minutes before he got tired again. It seems like whenever he is sleepy, the pain really starts to get to him. I gave him some teething tablets, and they didn't help very much. I gave him a juice bottle and that only calmed him for about 5 minutes. Finally, I broke down and gave him some tylenol. He finally fell asleep 40 minutes after his normal nap time.

I can't stand how much pain he is in. His face is so helpless and needy. He looks at me and cries and I can tell he is wondering why I can't make it better. I wish I could explain to him that everything will be better soon, or that he will really like his new teeth when they come in all the way. I wish this second tooth would be as simple as the first tooth. Most of all I wish that I could take the pain away.

Well this housebear has got to catch up on sleep for now. There is no telling just how many sleepless nights he will have, so I don't know when my next chance to rest will be.

Love,


Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics