Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 7, 2011

Doggie Dreamin'

Okay, so like I said in my previous post, I can't stop wanting to adopt a dog. I took Caleb to the pumpkin patch and there were all of these families with their dogs on the hay ride and in the pumpkin patch. It just seemed like their families were so complete. Maybe that is what I feel like I am really missing is a complete family...

I just think about all of the places I would like to take my dog. I'd like to take her up to the mountains to play in the snow, and into the woods for a nice Autumn hike. A foggy late morning stroll, or a romp in the hay-filled field behind my parents house. When I took Caleb trick-or-treating there were so many families out with their dogs dressed up in funny little costumes.

It makes it a little harder since my brother got a puppy right when I was starting to break down and actually look for a dog. I know that a dog is a bad idea for me right now. I am still living with my parents and not only do they have a dog, but my sister who lives here also has a dog. The house would be full of dogs, full of hair, loud, and on top of all of that my dog would learn bad manners from my parents' dog and learn to do nothing from my sister's dog. I'm also working full time and I just don't have time to give a dog all of the attention and exercise that they really deserve.

So I am stuck somewhere between loneliness and logic. Right now, logic is definitely winning, but there is still a little empty spot in my life where a dog belongs, I think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics