Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 16, 2011

Playing in the Snow

I wish it didn't rain here so much in the PNW. If it were a little more dry in the winter, they would be much more enjoyable. I don't mind the cold, but the slimy wet rain is just gross.

The only time I don't mind precipitation in the winter time is when it comes down as snow. I love snow! I can't wait to take Caleb up to the mountain to go sledding and play in the snow. I'm not going to just sit around the valley and suffer through rain, hoping for snow. It doesn't make sense when all I have to do is drive an hour to get there.

So my plan is to pack some hot soup into a thermos, and do the same with some hot chocolate. I'm going to pack some sandwiches and crackers and juice and head up to Mt. Hood for an all day romp in a winter wonderland. We are going to play all day until we are starving and then we are going to play some more... until it's too dark to stay outside. Then on the way home we can stop at a cozy little diner or truck stop and get something to eat next to a fire.

I'm going to get those little disposable packaged hand warmers to be sure that my little teeny tiny stays warm. He has Gortex mittens and pants already, so all he needs is a coat. I;ll bring a few changes of clothes just in case he gets wet. Of course I am going to have to wait until it actually starts snowing up on the mountain, but until then I'm in full swing planning mode!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics