Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 17, 2011

Netflix on Xbox Live Movie Night

Ever since I got Xbox Live, movie nights at my place are a lot easier. First of all, I don't have to guess what everyone wants to watch. Nothing ruins a movie night like bringing home a movie that everyone has already seen before, except for bringing home a movie that looks good and then very clearly isn't. Netflix on Xbox Live cures all that.

First I start by popping the popcorn. The smell of it brings the entire family out of their rooms and into the family room where the Xbox is set up. They are conditioned almost like Pavlov's Dogs by now. They smell the popcorn and they know movie night is about to go down. Once everyone is starting to gather into the adjoining kitchen, I flip on the TV and the Xbox and sign into my Xbox Live account. While we are all talking about our day, I load up the Netflix app.

Once we are in the app, we can search for new movies to watch, see what has been newly released, or even check out movies that we had bookmarked the night before. It is easy for us all to agree on something, and if it turns out that the movie is horrible, which has only happened once, then we can switch to something else. No having to drive back to red box and pay out more money to get a different movie. We get unlimited streaming from Netflix and we never have to worry about how many movies we start or finish. In fact, several times, our movie night has turned into a double or triple feature.

The only thing that I feel is lacking in the Netflix on Xbox Live department, is that Netflix doesn't always have the movie we want available for instant viewing. I'm sure there is some reasonable explanation for this, but I don't know what it is so I am simply frustrated. We have ordered a few discs here and there, but they don't always even get watched right away. Some nights we opt for instant viewing because it is so easy and we are used to it now.

So I'm super stoked on the Netflix app on Xbox Live. I hear there is supposed to be an update soon, but I don't know what it's going to include. I'm excited to see what it looks like though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics