Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

November 19, 2011

Holiday 2011 Wii Can't Play GameCube

Just as an FYI and if anyone was wondering, the new Wiis that are coming out for Holiday 2011 are not backwards comparable. I don't want to confuse anyone by calling it a "new" Wii. There isn't much in the way of it being "new" other than that the components have changed and now they don't play GameCube games and aren't able to use GameCube accessories anymore. So the system isn't a new item, rather a new model. And one of the things this model won't be able to do is maintain its backwards compatibility. I haven't seen the new system yet, but it is supposed to be slimmer than the original.

I assume that the reason for slimming down the Wii and removing the backwards compatibility is to cut the costs of manufacturing. Oh yeah, and good thing that the price is the same as the old one... at least for now. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a price slash coming up soon. Then again, I wouldn't be all too surprised if it just stayed the same.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics