Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 27, 2010

Dog Breath

Chopper has had the most ridiculous dog breath lately. BLECH! I love getting puppy kisses from him, but recently it smells like he's been eating live frogs in the backyard. I was worried that maybe his whole mouth needed freshening. If you don't take care of your dog's teeth, it can cause all kinds of health problems including heart failure. My sister brushes her cat's teeth, but the last thing I want to do is be elbow deep in my dog's slobbery mouth.

I decided to pick up a mouth-cleaning treat for him. I buy his dog food at Costco and so while I was there recently, I picked up a bag of NUBZ. Nubz are a little treat that help to clean dogs' teeth and gums, while promoting fresh breath and
good health by cleaning away tartar and plaque. There are lots of products out there that claim they can do the same thing, and there are even several different treats at Costco that say the same thing, but there was one important selling point for me... They are made in the USA.




Yes, I am patriotic. Yes, I prefer products that are made in the USA, but there is more to it than that. Dog treats that are made in other countries have been found to include deadly ingredients, most notably formaldehyde. Shawn and I have always been very careful to always buy dog treats that are made in the USA and I encourage all dog owners to do the same.

There are a few more reasons that I went with Nubz byNylabone. First off, they are gluten free. Many dog foods and dog treats will use wheat products as fillers. This isn't particularly good for dogs, b ut my dad's dog, Lilly, is gluten intolerant and if we want to share treats with her, we have to be conscious of her allergy. Also, as opposed to rubber toys, the Nubz are made of real chicken, are highly digestible, and safe for dogs to eat. It may seem obvious, but there are several rubber toys out there designed to clean dog teeth that end up being eaten by dogs... namely, Chopper. So far he has been able to pass all of without incident. Luck for us! I'm not going to temp fate again. From now on it is food items all the way, and it has to be something that his body can break down easily after he eats it nearly whole.

I heard a rumor that there was a coupon available for the Nubz treats at Costco, but I didn't know about it when I got mine. Hopefully, you'll be able to find the Costco coupon because I think it saves you over $3!




Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics