Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 1, 2010

Movie Night: Finding Nemo

Friday night we had a movie night again! I was very excited because it had been so long since we have done this. Caleb was thrilled. Hr made repeated requests for The Princess and the Frog, but we had borrowed Finding Nemo from my sister and I had planned to watch it with him.

Caleb loves fish and he dropped the idea of the frog movie in exchange for the idea of a fish movie. He spent most of the movie naming the sea creatures and their emotions. Mostly he said, "The fish is saaaaaad", but he also said, "The baby turtle is happy" "the bird is silly" and "the fish is happy".

I realized that Finding Nemo is actually a very sad movie with a very happy ending. It also follows in the footsteps of nearly every Disney Movie in that the main character has lost at least one parent.

I was surprised that this movie wasn't a bigger hit with Caleb. He loves sea animals, like I said he knew the names of nearly all of them in the movie. He enjoyed the sharks, but their mood swings were over his head. He thought the turtles were cute, but he couldn't understand everything they were talking about. I think we will watch this movie a couple of more times before returning it to see if he starts to catch on.




Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics