Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 27, 2010

We're Watching You

Usually, I think that I have a lot of common sense. I'm pretty good with directions and I'm savvy when it comes to reading signs. This time I'm scratching my head because I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what this sign is trying to get across.


Usually, when an area is monitored by video cameras, it's to deter crime. Vandalism and theft are normally at the top of the list of things that are trying to be stopped by closed circuit television. In light of that, I would think that a sticker outside of a supermarket which announced video surveillance wouldn't need pictures of persons with disabilities. If it had any pictures at all it should be of a teenager spray painting a wall and one of those bad-guy robbers from Ducktails (a-woo-ooh).

At first I thought that these were 3 stickers put all together, but it's not. It's one long sticker so I would assume that there is a singular message. I would even accept a single message with multiple meanings. I understand that the bigger blue "handicap" sign underneath means that the store is wheelchair accessible. I would assume that the depiction of the stick figure with a sight disability would either mean that the store is equipped to cater to their specific needs, or that one stick figure in conjunction with the stick figure in the wheel chair on the other end, would mean that the store is compliant with ADA requirements.

What I can't figure out is why would a sticker showing your ADA compliance be coupled with a message about being monitored by a video system.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics