Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 10, 2010

Samsung Captivate




I had the chance to use the Samsung Captivate last week. I was very excited to have the chance to get to know this phone. Over the last year, I have used several different smart phones. The Nokia E71x, the Blackberry Bold 9000, the iPhone 3Gs, and now the Samsung Captivate. As a side note, I have also used the Palm Pre Plus for a very short amount of time as well.

I really wanted to love this Samsung Captivate. I have been waiting for an Android phone to come a long and sweep me off my feet. The Samsung Captivate came pretty close. The 4" AMOLED screen was amazing. The uploading and downloading speeds were awesome. After using an iPhone for the last 6 months, I was anxious to change the sounds of my email alerts and SMS notifications.

The customization on this phone was definitely my favorite part about using this phone. I created an entire Yoshi Sound theme that I downloaded right to the phone using a free application. It took me back to my blackberry days when I could find anything I wanted for free if I only looked hard enough.

My least favorite thing about this phone was the battery life. It died or nearly died several times a day. When I would plug it in, it would take over an hour to fully charge. I used advanced app killer to be sure that I wasn't running any apps in the background. It didn't really make much of a difference.

This was the only phone that has ever come close to taking me away from my iPhone. Personally, I didn't think that it would be very difficult. Even with extended use, the Captivate didn't integrate itself into my life the way my iPhone did. I guess I am more vested in my iPhone than I thought.





Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics