Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

August 17, 2010

Saving up for our cruise

Guest post written by Kimberly Bramlett

This economy has left me cutting costs wherever I can and even though it’s supposed to be improving, those ways are pretty ingrained in me now.

So when my boyfriend suggested that we go on a cruise to the Bahamas, I told him that it would probably be way too expensive and he was crazy to even think about that. However, he told me the cost, which would end up being just a couple hundred dollars – a whole lot cheaper than I expected.

I decided that I would examine my utility costs and compare them to other providers so I could get better deals and put that extra change toward the trip. I found a satalite internet special that seemed like a good deal so I switched over that and my cell phone service.

After a couple of months I had saved quite a bit and put that extra money toward spending on the cruise. It was so nice and the worst part was having to come back to work instead of drinking rum out of coconuts on the beach.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics