Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

July 20, 2010

Growing Pains

Self improvement hurts. After taking the dog out twice for skijoring training, and jogging along side of him, my whole body aches. My legs are hurting, my back, my arms for some reason. One thing if definitely for sure, I am not cut out for this.

Oh, and another thing - all of that temptation dodging that I did last night was for naught. As I am typing this I am eating white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies from Subway. I couldn't resist them, it's cookie Tuesday. All of the cookies are only .25 a piece. For some reason in my mind that means that their calories are discounted too.

The worst part was that I didn't even stop to contemplate the cookie purchase. I said, "Oh hey, it's cookie Tuesday! Hook it up!" I took the cookies and then I ate them. I didn't even think about my new resolution to eat healthier until I was half way through the 3rd cookie!

The only thing that I can do is to just press forward. Continue the rest of the day trying to make healthy choices, and be sure to take the dog out on a run or bike ride tonight. That might cancel out the cookie order, but that really isn't the point. The point is that I want to get into the habit of eating healthier, not the habit of finding ways to make up for my mistakes.

Like I said, the only thing I can do is just keep with the plan from here on out. So wish me luck, because I have a feeling it is going to get really difficult.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics