Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

July 12, 2010

HBO's True Blood is the best supernatural show on television

Guest post written by Tracy Leads

I began reading, the Sookie Stackhouse novels when Dead to the World was just being released. I was teaching the book club advisor at a local college when a students introduced me to them and I have been hooked ever since.

However, when HBO announced that they were inviting Alan Ball to take Charlaine Harris' characters and make them into a television show I was very hesitant. These were my favorite books that I read and I was fearful that Mr. Ball would destroy the Sookie universe that I came to know. Who would play these characters that I pictured in my mind? How would he change the story for television?

But, I sat down with my friends, turned my satelite tv to HBO, and began to watch with trepidation. From the beginning, the theme song was mesmerizing, Sookie was exactly who I thought she would be and oh my Bill and Eric were so delicious.

But, that was just the icing on the cake. The actors had great chemistry, they appeared to really make the characters, and Alan Ball's writing was wonderful even though he has made them his.

True Blood became just what it was supposed to be, a television show full of mystery, sex, hot supernatural beings and a story line that just draws you into the mysterious world of Sookie Stackhouse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics