Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

July 6, 2010

My Sister the Baker

My sister is gluten intolerant. It's too bad for her, but it isn't so bad for me. My sister is a fantastic baker. She makes all manner of things from cakes to scones, cinnamon rolls and homemade bread. She seems to be using her baking as a way to cope with her dietary restrictions.

Most recently she has been making cranberry scones with a lemon glaze. I am trying to convince her to make cherry and macadamia nut scones, but she hasn't yet. I actually have a whole list of ingredients that I would like her include in her scones. Cherry is just my Summertime suggestion.

I have just emailed her a recipe for beignets. Caleb and I are snuggling in bed watching the Princess and the Frog. I just love the part where Charlotte orders 500 "man catching beignets" from Tiana. More than that, I love beignets, but I can't even remember the last time that I had one. I hope that she decides to make them... They aren't baked though, I hope that doesn't sway her decision. A beignet, like most other foods that are fantastic, is fried.

Cindy, if you're reading this, make some beignets. Even if you already have, go ahead and make them again! YUM!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics