Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

July 24, 2010

Skijoring Training





Well, I didn't get up early today by any means. The whole family slept in until about 9:30. I managed to slip away about 10:00 to take the dog out on his run.

The skijoring command training side of things did not go as well as expected. Chopper was responding very well to "Hike" when I was on foot with him. I think it was because of my explosion of energy when I would burst into a sprint. He responded fairly well to "Easy" when I was on foot because he wanted to stay near to me when I slowed down. Chopper is under the impression that the entire world's population is involved in a plot to end my life and so he never strays too far.

It appears, however, that when bikes are involved the entire world's everything is out to get him. The first car that we rode by made him nearly jump out of his skin. He almost killed me by refusing to run by an industrial sized air conditioner. The only sticking up for me that he did was when he tried to lunge at a young man on the sidewalk. Fortunately for all 3 of us, the guy was on the other side of the bike. Chopper lunged himself right into my front wheel. It must have hurt because he abandoned the idea completely. I was able to keep atop my bike and so everyone ended up okay. I suspect Chopper's snout is at less than 100% though.

Overall it was a pretty decent exercise. Chopper came back thirsty and tired, but he is never tired for long. I was glad to tale him out because it's going to be too hot for him to be outside today.





Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics