Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

July 19, 2010

Self Improvement Plan 2


The strangest urge came over me today... I had the urge to run. Of course the urge ended as soon as the jogging began, but I kept going anyway.

It all started when the dog was being hyperactive at my mom's house. I took him out to the field behind my mom's to play some fetch. While we were out there I got to thinking, the dog is getting plenty of exercise and I could be too. I keep meaning to take the dog out jogging so that I can teach him skijoring commands. You know what they say, there's no time like the present!

I called Chopper next to me, asked him if he was ready, and gave him his first command: "Hike!" I didn't have to tell him twice! We took off running! I immediately regretted it. I gave him his second command: "Eeeeeeasy!" Chopper reluctantly slowed down. He trotted while I slowly jogged and the strange urge came over me again. "Hike!" We were off again!

We continued that way for only about a quarter of a mile, maybe just a little more. I'm not very... er... active, so we couldn't go far.

I've decided that this is going to be the second step in my self improvement process. I am going to take the dog out no less than 3 times a week to practice skijoring commands. I would like it to be 4 times a week, but this whole self improvement process is about baby steps and making habits. I'm starting small. 3 times a week for 10-20 minutes we jog. Keeping the time short is beneficial for the dog because technically for him it's a training session. It's good for me because I don't have a distance requirement, but have to be out for a certain amount of time. As I get better we will go further faster.





Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics