Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

March 22, 2010

House Shopping

Brought to you by Scottsdale Real Estate

My parents are looking for a new house. Wait, no. Hold on, yes. Maybe? Okay, I think its safe to say that they are toying with the idea. One day my mom is trying to look for new homes on the internet and asking me if I know any real estate agents. The next day she is saying that she will never move out of her ever shrinking ranch style home. I used to think that the wavering depended on whether or not my grandmother was coming to live with them. Now I'm not sure what makes them change their mind from day to day.

Sometimes they say its the market. Sometimes they say its their age. Sometimes, I'm not sure exactly what they are saying. I think that the reason they can't make a decision on whether or not to decide is because they just can't find what they are looking for. I think the reason they can't find what they are looking for is because they don't even know where to start looking. The internet is such a big place that finding something specific can be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I wish that Vancouver had a site like this Scottsdale Real Estate website. Google rated it as a top site to find a home in AZ. Its supposed to be really easy to use. The problem with my parent's situation is that they are looking for something very specific.

If my grandmother comes to live with them, she will need her own private space, but she will also need to be very near to them in case she needs help. She will need a master bedroom and bathroom on the lower level. There will have to be a very clear divide from her part of the house and the rest because my parents have dogs that she doesn't want in her area. She will also need lots of room for all over her furniture that she plans on bringing with her.

I really do hope that my grandmother comes to live with my parents. Right now she lives on the East coast, and she has never even met my son. I would love to be closer to her, because I feel like I never really got the chance. She lives in MD, and we moved from MS when I was only 6. We lived in VA for 11 months when I was in middle school, and I got to see her more often then, but I was too self absorbed to take the opportunity to get to know her better.

As I've gotten older, I realize how important family is to me. I'm so glad that I had the chance to get to know my grandpa on my mom's side. I'm hoping that I will have the same opportunity with my dad's mom, if she comes to stay in our neck of the woods... if we can find a house she likes, that is.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics